lauantai 27. elokuuta 2011

new town, new deal

 I arrived safe and sound from Helsinki to Cochrane last night. After a seventeen hour day of flying, I arrived at a small airport in Timmins, Ontario and received a warm welcome there from my new host parents. From there we drove another hundred kilometers to Cochrane. The bed was at that time practically screaming out my name. I was done for the day. So far everything seems great. With me, during this year, I have a danish "sister". As being an only child in my family having a sister feels great. I couldn't have hoped for a better sister.


This morning I settled in and unpacked my stuff. Until this morning I really hadn't even realized that this is actually true. All just felt so surreal. I am far away from home, and living with people I met yesterday. It feels really cool though. Luckily I don't get homesick easily, but I really do think that homesickness might hit me hard at some point. 


I actually didn't have that many expectations of Cochrane, but I can honestly say that so far so good. The people seem nice and my host family have really made me feel welcome here. School starts in a couple days and I kind of have mixed feelings. Nervousness mixed with a little bit of fear and a whole lot of excitement.
On Monday we'll go by the school and select the courses for us. 


It's seven thirty in the evening and I am barely awake. My eyelids feel like a hundred pounds. I guess it's not too early to sleep since Emma just popped into my room and said good night to me. So I am gonna head to bed -my new twin sized luxury bed.











-I kind of find this sign funny-

We'll see how long I'll have the energy to keep this blog . This just seems like an easy way to keep people updated.

Maintenant, Bon nuit.












1 kommentti:

  1. Glad to hear you've arrived safely! Look forward to reading your updates! Hugs, Shannon

    VastaaPoista