tiistai 30. elokuuta 2011

Do you speak any french?

Je parler un peu francais. Yes, that is what I've had to repeat to several different teachers and students at my new school. Mon dieu, quelle journée. I was so exhausted after school today, both mentally and physically. Physically mostly because I have not had coffee today. For all of those who know me well enough will understand what a struggle for me that is. 


So anyway, my alarm clock rang at 7.00 AM today, but I was wide awake at six o'clock already. It actually wasn't bad because I went to sleep at nine yesterday, so I got just the right amount of sleep. I showered, got dressed had a bowl of cereal and left. I was ready, or well as ready as one could be, to face the day. 


First was French class. Not that bad. I did feel like a complete idiot though when the teacher asked me to introduce myself and I couldn't understand what he was saying, because his mouth was moving a way faster speed than my brain. I felt like an idiot many times today, but luckily everyone was so nice. 


The second class was math. Oh dear do I hate math. I was so stressed out about math, but that too to my relief was not as bad as I feared. The teacher was very nice and understanding. After that I had P.E. We played indoor hockey. It was pretty fun, even though it really wasn't my sport. Emma and I decided to switch that course for an English writing course though. We thought it would be more beneficial for us. We tried to switch P.E for another French class, but it wasn't possible.


Last, but not least was biology, which surprisingly was the easiest. I understood a lot of what the teacher was saying, because a part of our course contents is stuff I learned in my previous school. Thanks Riitta. 


Our days are not too long, which is great. Everyone was so nice to us today. We had multiple people coming up to us inviting us to eat lunch with them. I felt like I was in a high school in some cliché teen movie. You can tell that the school has had many exchange students before, because everyone seems to know what they are dealing with. 


I just really need to get over my fear of speaking french, otherwise I will not learn. Oh well, I am gonna cut myself some slack. It was just the first day. Tomorrow will already be easier. Most likely I will fall asleep at nine o'clock once again. Now, it is time for me to go refresh my memory with some passé composé ( french past participle grammar).


Au revoir!







2 kommenttia: