torstai 19. huhtikuuta 2012

Cinq jours

It's been a while and I can't really remember the last thing I wrote about, so I don't know where to begin. For the first time in years I have been counting down days since the start of April, and five days remain until the big day! The big 18. It's funny though in a way, because I have been waiting to turn 18  for the last four years so that I could finally be "free". I've been waiting for it so that I could finally do what I want, go where I want and make my own decisions, but now that I am turning 18, I have less freedom than I have had in years.


Easter Saturday we went over to my host father's sister's cottage to throw her a little surprise 50th Birthday party. The weather was perfect that day and on Good Friday too I was tanning out on the deck in my bikini. Now that I look outside it is hard to believe that a few weeks ago my cheeks were sun burnt because now we have another 7cm of snow. What is this weather? I can't wait to finally (for the third time) put away my winter boots and start wearing shorts. Come on sun, come to stay please. We had a good time on Saturday and the day ended perfectly. We hit the sauna and I was throwing water on the stove like crazy. Apparently the previous owners of the cottage were Finns and they would go to the sauna every single day. To cool off we sat out on the deck under the clear dark starlight sky, enjoying the sound of silence. I couldn't help but think of just how much I would miss the peace of Cochrane.


Last week was pretty hectic at school with practice for the play and last Friday we had our first general practice. Despite major technical difficulties, all in all the practice went well, which prepared us well for our first performance. We performed on Sunday for the first time and it went really well. Just a couple minor glitches, but we got extremely positive feedback from our happy audience. I was proud of the crew and myself too. I remembered all the moves, lines and lyrics and I wasn't really nervous before the show. I can't wait to perform again next week!


Time seriously flies by. It makes me happy, but also freaks me out a little bit..


















The little cutie playing with the dogs.




Notice the ring. I got it from Riley just before our 6 month "anniversary". :)










I am gonna go drink a cup of tea now and maybe go watch some television. Tomorrow we have a day off, but we still have to go to school for a general practice.


xoxo





4 kommenttia: