torstai 1. syyskuuta 2011

troisième jour d'école

Yup, today was my third day of school. I was kind of in a gloomy mood today, lacking all self confidence. During French class I was so annoyed of just sitting quietly, while knowing I had the right answer. If only I knew how to say it in French. I was also annoyed when I fully understood what the teacher was saying, but nevertheless he was in my face speaking in English making sure I understood. I know that mon professour was trying to help me, but I didn't need it. 


So why couldn't I just raise my voice and say "Oui, Monsieur. Je comprends. Je sais ce que je fais."
Translated to English "Yes, mister. I understand. I know what I am doing."


Why do I lose my self confidence at the times when I most need it? This thought made me think of the one person who never loses confidence in me, even when I have hit rock bottom and am on the verge of a total melt down. Dear reader, you know who you are. She always believes in me. She knows I can do it. So why don't i know it? While all along I just thought this year was about me learning French, I have already come to notice that before all that I need to learn to trust myself, to be confident. I am pretty much on my own on this one right now, since that one person is far, far away. 


Yesterday I went running for the first time, but I think I need to think of some other form of exercise to keep me in shape. My school is gonna have try outs for a basketball team, and well I have never really played basketball seriously, but I've always found it fun. I am not gonna get my hopes up for making the team, but hey why not give it a try anyway?


My math homework is calling for me now...I thought that for the first time in years I am really getting the hang of it, but I am completely stuck right now. I am gonna have to ask Emma.









After all that gloominess it was nice to lighten up the mood with Emma. We are running out of liqourice and chocolate soon though, we need someone to restock our supplies.



3 kommenttia:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MwjX4dG72s&ob=av2e

    i'm sure you know the lyrics, remember them ;) tsemppiä !!!

    VastaaPoista
  2. ahhh this song :) moonerss<3 i miss you guys! ja kiitos :)

    VastaaPoista
  3. ne auttaa yleensä ainaki mua vaikeen päivänä :) ole hyvä! we miss you very much already, miten muka selvitään ens kesään asti? <3 mut onneks sul on kivaa ja hyvä olla siel nii meilläki on helpompaa ku tiedetään se :)

    VastaaPoista