tiistai 27. joulukuuta 2011

C'est fini

Well Christmas is officially over and I have that empty feeling that follows after every Christmas. Don't get me wrong I love the lazy days between Christmas and New Year's, but after Christmas I always feel slightly empty. I feel like I always look forward to Christmas so much and then it goes by in a flash. It was nice though. On Christmas eve we ate a lot of good food, played a couple of games and we even got a visit from Santa. Talking about Santa reminds me of an argument we had with my sister of Santa Claus. She is from Denmark and apparently if you ask any Danish person they will tell you that Santa comes from Greenland. Which is all wrong. He is obviously from Korvatunturi! 


Instead of a traditional turkey supper, we had a pot lock. Meaning that everyone brought a little something to eat. There were tables full foods and I really tried not to over eat, which believe me, was not easy at all. There were meatballs, chicken wings, salads, meat pie, fried rice, you name it. And a traditional French Canadian Christmas food called "sipout" or something (I have no idea how to spell it). It's basically a meat casserole with potatoes and all kinds of different wild meats. I didn't really even have desert, except for the little forkfuls I stole from Riley's plate.


We got home late on Christmas eve, so Christmas day was pretty lazy. We went over for brunch at my host parents's daughter's house and afterwards we just relaxed at the house and then had dinner at home with them. After dinner was the moment Emma had anxiously been waiting for. Opening of the presents! This year I honestly didn't want anything for Xmas so it wasn't really a big deal for me. Nevertheless I ended up opening so many packages and I felt so spoiled. I got all kinds of small things that I love and I also have a year's supply of chocolate!


Yesterday we went skidooing or well snow-mobiling officially, with Riley my host father and Emma. It was fun and the weather was absolutely perfect for it, but half way through my host father's skidoo kind of broke down. The engine stopped working and he could not get it to work again. So we had to call for help and Riley and Emma drove his skidoo to get a wire so he could pull my host fathers skidoo behind his. Tomorrow we are going again with a bigger gang. Should be fun! 


I don't feel like writing anything more, so I will just put up some pictures. Oh btw six more months to go. I don't know what to say about that. I am happy, but so sad at the same time.


WARNING ! Lots of pictures ahead: 


Dolled up for Christmas eve.

Aww is the word.

Here too!

I got to sit on Santa's lap too yey.

Merry Christmas hun.




If I was in trouble, they's have my back. So guys don't mess with me!


The point is to knock over all the cups...

... or was it to just make us look stupid?


Such a cutie, made my heart melt.




Minou minou.


Jen loving her new scent.


"Mettez sur le nez à Liisa"

Christmas can be tiring.


I got so spoiled. Thanks you guys. (NOTICE ALL THE CHOCOLATE)

So spoiled I tell ya.



We love the snow, ok?

I am gonna watch some television avec ma soeur. Bonne nuit guys!

2 kommenttia:

  1. awww such cute pics once again! I love the kiss one <3 my major aww moments. And my god that baby is cuuute ! little köttbullar!

    6 months is so awesome but sad too :(

    VastaaPoista
  2. köttbullar! hahah cuute. thankyou honeyy! :) i wish i could have aww moments with you. yeah it's bittersweet

    VastaaPoista