tiistai 3. tammikuuta 2012

nouvelle année, nouveau moi?

I know it might be kind of late to say this now, but hey I still consider this year to be quite new. So, happy new year everyone! Life's what you make it, so make this year count.


2011 was a year filled with joy, tears and big changes. I feel like I have grown so much as a person during the last few months of the year. This exchange year has made me a stronger person. I somehow feel like the year went by fast, but when I think back at last winter it feels like it was for ever ago. Same thing with August. I feel like the four months have just rushed by, but the day I got here feels like it was ages ago.


I never make new year's resolutions cause to be honest I never keep them. So what is the point? I do though want to improve myself every year. So I'd rather just make a promise to myself than a crazy new year's resolution like "yes I will not have chocolate for the next six months!" Everyone knows that is not happening. Anyway I want to try to promise myself that I will become more confident, and I will learn to love myself. People have told me that I seem like a confident person, but deep down I still struggle at times. It's an ongoing progress, but this year I will really try to work on it. I really want to learn how to fully accept myself. I am who I am, and I should love it.


You might now be reading this and thinking why am I writing this, but it somehow has been on my mind a lot lately and I felt like writing about it.


The last couple of days have been quite lazy. New year's eve was a fun night! We actually hosted a party with Emma and it was a major success. I am not usually the one to be hosting parties because I live in an apartment and apartments just aren't ideal for hosting a party. So I was a little nervous of having so many people over, but I am so glad we did. Everyone had a super fun night and it was wonderful to see the year change while being surrounded by some of the greatest people. Plus, I got my new year's kiss, so I am pretty content.


I am loving the winter here by the way. It is so gorgeous, and even though the fact that I haven't gotten to go snowboarding yet is bothering me a little bit I am so happy when I go outside and see the snow. Even though the cold pinches your cheeks and makes your fingers numb it is just so breath breathtakingly beautiful. I also love "skidooing" or well snowmobiling. It's super fun! I never thought I would be so into it.


Yesterday I spent most of the day at home in my pj's then we went to the movies with Emma and some of the girls then we sat at Timmys for a while. Oh and I did skype with a good friend of mine for two and a half hours. It was really good to talk to her. I feel like even though we don't go to the same school anymore and even though we don't talk nearly as often, she is still there for me. We had so much to talk about and I feel like that will never change. Same with all the friends from Espoo International. That group will always be close to me no matter where life takes us.


I feel like there is so much I would like to write about, but I don't want to go over board with my mixed thoughts. Oh by the way, if anyone out there has anything they would like me to write about, or any questions, don't be shy!


Attempting the airplane.


Woah, not quite there.


Pretty good job I must say.


A nap to reward us after that triumph.












Random dogs just walked by us.


We took down Mel!


I got one of the skidoos stuck...





Not the best video, but I had to stop because my fingers were about to fall off.

I am gonna go try to find Mamma Mia online, we want our host mother to watch that movie with us because she has never seen it before. Bye.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti