sunnuntai 30. lokakuuta 2011

time to carve those pumpkins

Ah what a boring week behind me.. Friday totally saved it though. Pretty much all I did during the week was study and stress out about my math test. Also I was sick for more than a week, so I feel happy that my tummy can finally handle eating a meal. Last Friday was one of the worst nights of my life. I don't really want to go into a detailed explanation just to spare you, but lets just say that I spent most of the night with my head pretty much in the toilet.. All last week I had trouble just finishing my meal because I felt like my stomach could not handle it. Now I feel better though.


On Friday we went out to Terry's for dinner with the girls. I had a super yummy cheese cappelletti, which I couldn't finish so I just had the left overs a little while ago. After dinner we dropped by home to get our Halloween costumes and then went over to Jess's house to get ready with the girls. A couple hours passes by suprisingly quickly when eight girls are in the same house all getting ready for a Halloween party. I didn't have my camera with me so I am still waiting for some more picture material from people who had their camera's so be patient. I don't think I've ever worn as much make-up as on Friday in my life. I wore fake lashes too for the first time and they actually looked pretty cool, but I felt like I had something in my eyes the whole night. All in all my costume was a success! I felt very out of place in pink open-toe heels, a bright pink dress, big back combed hair and all that make-up, but hey during Halloween you are allowed to look a little sketchy.


At nine thirty we started heading to the dance, which was held at the English high school, and made it just in time before the doors closed. There was a little less people then at our own tight and bright dance, but everyone who I wanted to see at the dance was there, so I was happy :) I also got to experience a Cinderella moment (twice) because one of my shoes went missing and the guy who found it kneeled in front of me and slipped my stiletto back onto my foot. My other shoe was with the guy who helped me looked for my other shoe and he did the whole Cinderella thing as well.


Yesterday I carved my first pumpkin ever. I wanted my first pumpkin to be something simple to carve, but I really did not pick the easiest stencil. I wanted to carve a spider on mine and it took me probably more than an hour and a half in total to carve it. Oh well, it just took some determination and patience. It looks pretty cool for my first pumpkin I must say.


Tomorrow is Halloween officially and that means that we have to dress up for school, but I found it too boring  to go as the same thing as I did to the dance so this morning I woke up with the idea that Emma and I could switch costumes. She agreed. So tomorrow I will be going to school as an angel!


I have to go study for my french re-exam and biology test now.. sounds like fun right?


Happy Halloween.


A picture with the cast of a musical we went to see in Quebec.

Birthday present, card and cupcakes for Jestina.










Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti