sunnuntai 4. syyskuuta 2011

bon week-end

This weekend has been really nice. Finally fitting in and getting to know people. Friday morning I woke up thinking it was Thursday, but to my relief it was Friday at last. I really needed the weekend to let my brains rest. So when I got home from school all I wanted to do was change into my pj's, sit on the couch with a magazine and eat some chocolate. After dinner though, one of my classmates invited Emma and I to walk around for a while and to go to Tim Hortons (the local "hangout" spot, a coffeeshop). 


At Tim Hortons we met up with a few of our classmates, and had coffee and hot apple cider. It was so nice to finally get to know people. After coffee we went to my classmates house for a little while and raided her wardrobe to see if I could find a dress that I could borrow for a wedding I am going to next week. I still gotta go try them on, but I think i found some cute clothes.


Saturday night was my first party in Cochrane and I was super excited. Emma and I got picked up at 8.30 PM and we drove out of town. At first I felt really out of place and kind f shy, but people were really  talkative so it made it a lot easier for me to get to know people. It's true what they say; Canadians are really friendly. Living in a small town is a real eye opener for me. I am really starting to slowly recognize the good sides of it People are so sweet and friendly and there's this cozy atmosphere of unity. You just don't get that feeling in a city.


Saying that, I just gotta make it clear, I am not planning to live in a small town as I'm older. I love the outdoors and the quiet, but for some reason still, cities are just my thing. I think I appreciate the nature more too, when it's  my escape from the hectic city. 


Next week will be interesting. Monday is Labour day so no school, Tuesday and Wednesday school and then    on Thursday we drive up to Haileybury to help to set up the wedding, which will be held on Saturday. I am actually, to my surprise, really excited about this wedding. It'll be a bunch of strangers, well to be exact 300 of them. That'll be intriguing. I'll let you know how it goes.










7 kommenttia:

  1. it looks like you're having fun ;)
    i'm following your blog now so keep it updated!!
    and maybe in a few weeks time i'll have my own blog up:) but no promises..
    love ya and hope you're having an awesome time<3

    VastaaPoista
  2. Yeah I have had a fun weekend:) Thanks for the follow :) uu, I hope you get your blog up, i will for sure follow ;)

    love you too!!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Tervitusi vanaemalt, vanaisalt ja Kerstilt! Lugesime eile kõik koos sinu blogi Viljandis! Kalli-kalli!

    VastaaPoista
  4. oi aitäh :) kas oli vaja päikesebrille?

    VastaaPoista
  5. I'm so proud!! You got harry potter, even though its in french.. :)

    VastaaPoista
  6. haha, ohh god it's difficult to read :D lets see if i have to swithc to english!

    VastaaPoista
  7. You could always read both, once to learn french and the second time to understand what you read :)

    VastaaPoista