maanantai 26. syyskuuta 2011

aprés un mois

One month is officially behind me. The first few days here felt like they were going by so slowly, but wow where on earth did that month just go? Hopefully not every month goes by this quick, otherwise the year will be over before you it has even begun. 


So recap of the month. In one month I have:


- Moved continents
- Started school in a completely different language 
- Made new friends and been warmly welcomed into a new family


Amounts: 
- Weddings= 1
- Parties= 2
- Hockey games= 1
- Tests failed = 0 so far
- Money spent= shh, should keep that information to myself I believe
- Coffees drank= probably in total I could count them with my fingers...
- Tears cried = a few
- Moments when I have been confused= can't keep track of that
- Cute guys that I've met = many
- Sisters gained= 1


Anyway, I could go on listing countless things, but I don't want to be boring. Monday's have always been the days when you just wish it was Friday or even Thursday. There the days when minutes seem like hours and hours seem like centuries. Today was definitely a basic Monday for me. Well the thing that really keeps me going though is the fact that next week I will be going to Ottawa! It'll be a mini break from Monday to Friday, but it'll be great. My host mother's daughter and her husband will be taking us with them.  It'll be a huge change to spend a couple days in a city, with tall buildings, malls, traffic and something my little town doesn't have at all, traffic lights!


Last Friday we celebrated the Franco-Ontarianne day (or something like that?) and later on in the evening I went to the school dance. I wasn't allowed to bring my camera there so unfortunately I don't have a picture of me wearing neon pink tights, bright yellow/pink legwarmers, a yellow tight top, a pink tutu and pink eye-shadow. You'll just have to use your imagination on this one. We started out at a friend's house and got ready together, then walked across the road to another friend's garage for a small pre-party and then went to the dance and danced for hours. My legs were completely exhausted afterwords, but it was worth it. It was a great night, and I pretty much avoided drama too.


Now I have to sign off and desperately try to study for my biology test, which I will most likely end up failing.









Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti