tiistai 13. syyskuuta 2011

wedding bells ringing

WARNING. Lots of text ahead.


So Thursday morning we hit the road early in the morning and it sure was a long day. When we got to Haileybury we stopped at the groom's house to drop off some of our stuff and then we went to New Liskeard, which felt like a big town after Cochrane even though it was pretty tiny. There was a mall and everything! I didn't buy much though. I got myself an external hard drive for all of my pictures to put on and some fluffy white slippers to wear at the house during winter ( I will put a picture of them at some point).


After my host mom and the bride had gotten their nails done at the mall, we headed back to Haileybury to fix up the wedding hall. It's amazing how you can make a blunt looking curling hall into a perfect place for a wedding. I knew as soon as I saw that with all the little details being fixed it would make a gorgeous place. And that was true. It was beautiful. The decorations were all white and blue, which made it kind of look like a winter wonderland, but it was great for this time of the year too. With all the lights off and only some little light bulbs and candles burning it was really pretty.


Anyway, Friday and Thursday were all about fixing the place up, preparing a midnight lunch for the wedding and meeting new people. We put in chairs, table cloths, brought center pieces (oh what a pain) to the hall, cut up vegetables etc. I could go on for much longer. They were two long days, but I absolutely loved it. 


I have never been the stereotypical little girl who has been dreaming of a perfect wedding since being a little girl. I never thought it was that important. Now though, after being a part of all this, it really made me reconsider that. My dream wedding doesn't necessarily have to be large scale, but I just want to enjoy that day when it comes. 


Saturday morning we woke up before nine to go grab some breakfast downstairs at the motel and after that it was all about the wedding. It took us a few hours to get ready and all dolled up. At around 2.30 PM we left to the church, but had to wait for almost an hour since the bride was a half an hour late. The ceremony was a regular church ceremony, despite the fact that the priest forgot the groom's name at least four times and wore sunglasses- he was well ready to retire.


After the wedding pictures we walked down to the hall and I believe I speak for everyone when I say that we were really ready for the wedding buffet. I gorged down all my food and a whole plate of dessert too, and a couple cups of candy from the candy bar. I had no idea Canadian weddings were such party weddings. After supper the DJ began to play some music and after a couple of hours the party was on full roll. I haven't danced that much in ages. I really enjoyed myself. At 3 AM the party pretty much died down and it was time to help up with a little bit of cleaning and then to bed. 


Yesterday Emma and I took a day off, and today was like boom reality hit me. Writing 500-1000 words in two days ( in french), not exactly a piece of cake. Hopefully this text has not made you fall asleep, I could have written a lot more but honestly I feel like I will fall asleep soon. 


P,S, I  can't wait to have my own wedding. I got a bunch of ideas bubbling inside my head. Well that won't be in a while, so no need to freak out mom.


















I love the photography skills someone had while taking the last blurry picture. Oh well.



5 kommenttia:

  1. looovely pictures :) darling you look gorgeous!

    xx
    miss you <3

    VastaaPoista
  2. Vai niin, uusia säästökohteita tiedossa ;-)!

    mm-kk rinsessani!

    VastaaPoista
  3. The close up of you is absolutely gorgeous!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Thank you both of you :) i miss you too!

    VastaaPoista
  5. no ei vielä tarvi äiti ;) mm sullekki!

    VastaaPoista